It is so weird being able to stay on campus after all the dorms have closed. It has completely emptied out and now I am feeling extremely lonely…my sister has come up to visit but it’s not as fun with out the moms here to hang out and get into mischief with.
Just a for warning there is some ranting involved in this post
Congrats to the women’s team for doing so well in their qualification round, moving on to the team finals definitely, and having Aly and Gabby going on to the AA final, so proud of them…the fact that there is a 2 per country rule is complete bullshit, if you are in the top should it really matter where you are from since AA is not part of the team finals it is an individual event so it shouldn’t matter if you are from the same country as other people in the final. This rule is completely insane. I feel so bad for Jo no chance to defend her title, and she came in 3rd. ARG!!! this frustrates me.
Anyway congrats Team USA to making it to Team Finals in first place to:
- Aly Raisman: making it to AA, Beam and Floor Finals
- Gabby Douglas: making it to AA, Bar and Beam Finals
- Jordyn Wieber: making it to Floor Final and for coming in fourth in AA (unfortunately unable to compete)
- McKayla Maroney: making it to vault finals with such an explosive amanar
Congrats to the mens team for do such a great job in the qualification, and not only end up being first in their subdivision but also heading in to the team finals in first place. Quite an impressive start for USA Gymnastics. Also congrats to:
- Danell Leyva: making it to the All Around and High Bar Finals
- John Orozco: making it to the All Around Final
- Jonathan Horton: making it to High Bar Final (trying for the gold a second time)
- Jake Dalton: making it to the Floor Final
- Sam Mikulak: making it to the Vault Final with a beautiful vault
Hopefully the women do just as well tomorrow!! Go Team USA
On an unrelated side note just saying our men’s gymnastics team is the hottest men’s gymnastics team and the hottest team that I have seen so far this Olympics, followed by USA swimming with Lochte and Phelps.
Just got to say i love our mens olympic team!!!!
So I am reading a really good book. Not only do I rarely read book, when I do, I don’t find many of the interesting.